View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Melinda vs. Lakisha - thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
I too think that Melinda is the best singer in the competition. I somehow feel that Lakisha will win though. I strongly feel that one of the two will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just rewatched Girls Night performances... it's really close imo and I can't tell. I mentioned in that thread Lakisha had better range, but it's possible Doolittle has overall better tone. I know Joker hates Lakisha's "big" voice but I think to your avg. viewer it's a coinflip.

Analyst also made a great point about Doolittle's adapatablity, being a background singer (also just great post all around, thanks for it), but we have seen Lakisha do ballads and I believe she hit it out of the park.

That being said I think stage presence will come into play. Doolittle is a weird hunchy troll and while she's very endearing she does not scream "your next American Idol" to me. Wonder if it's kind of an act and we're gonna see her start to take command of the stage.

I think the "closeness" of the top 2 candidates makes a different type of singer (e.g. Richardson) possibly stand out and shine even more from a voting perspective.

-Al