View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Caesar\'s nightly tourney report (Long)

I wanted to put another perspective on this but don't want you to think i am critical of the way you played the 5,4OS hand. The blinds are 6000/3000 and the moron on the button w/20K folds 3 handed. I think most everyone would see a flop w/5,4 OS from the small blind 3 handed but with the big blind hitting the 20k stack the next hand, why even get involved? It seems as though you and kong probably had a good chance at knocking the moron off within the next 5 or 6 hands anyway. Secondly, you obviously had a read when kong raised 20K and it was pretty close to what he had. I totally understand you pushing over the top and not letting him hit a draw there. It is the correct play IMO. However, what about calling because you had a solid read and when a non scare card comes on the turn push then? It would be a lot harder for him to call with one card to come and it gives you a chance to still have an effective stack if a bad card hits on the turn and you feel he caught his hand. Once again...not critical of your play just throwing a different perspective at you.

Mike