View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 02:50 PM

Default How big of a deal?

I went to college in a small town of about 5000 people. One day a couple years ago my friend and I went to the local bank to get money out of my checking account to goto canterbury. I asked for about $8000 if I remember right. At first they told me no they couldn't give me that much but after talking with a manager they agreed to do it. The main teller laidy said in a real nasty condecending tone "what do you need this much cash for anyhow?!" and my friend replied "we're drug dealers ok?" like all offended. She said oh or something and continued getting the cash. She then asked us if we wanted an officer to come to protect us to where we were going. I said no we'll be fine. It took about a half hour but we finally got the money and left.

I take it they filed one of those SAR's...and in general those are no big deal? Obviously I'm not a drug dealer nor have I ever been involved with people who are to my knowledge but yeah.

I'm not losing sleep over this or anything but I've always been curious about it.