View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Review of Pot Limit and No Limit Poker by Stewart and Ciaffone

There are lots of people who say PLNLP is great, many highly recommend it, so it will be good for most I think. Personally, I think it's very ABC, not worth to get (it has a couple of pages about nl-holdem, mainly about how he thinks one should play draws at nl-holdem, so maybe some intermediate to advanced player may get something out of it, though not likely these days); I recommend not to get it.

NLHTP is a great book of NL holdem theory, the information has been learned well that's out there, and that too shows. No ABC-book. One problem (if not counting what it does not contain) is the often poor text of how to play vs. tight or timid opponents. Then, of course, it could be more a how-to-book (I like those, when they are reasoned too, some good player putting on paper of how he plays and why, and one can read several books like that, sure helps even if one will never play like any one of them) but it's mainly about theory, but that's what it was made for and not to contain the whole world.