View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Crticism of the PPA and its effects

satya,

1) This criticism is only taking place "from the outside" because the PPA has refused for the past few months, to come here and let us be on the "inside" by having a dialogue with us about our concerns. The only dialogue that has taken place, and belatedly at that, is a private one on only matters of transparency with Mason's attorneys.

2) They may well have goals, and I've assumed so all throughout these discussions, that are either not as complete or indeed partially at variance with the goals of myself and others, and which they aren't willing to consider changing. However the PPA again has thus far chosen not to come here and make that clear.

3) Is is +EV for the PPA to come here and address such criticisms? The answer is that their failure/refusal to do so is an unmitigated public relations DISASTER as such things are here for anyone on the net to read, and speaks volumes about the competence, or lack thereof, of their board.

4) This criticism is only going on by myself and likeminded posters (of whom there are many), because in fact they haven't made clear all of their goals, whom they regard as their primary stakeholders to whom they should answer, and how their board should be thus composed. If they in fact were to come here and state the following clearly: "we will not make clear or change our organizational structure, goals and tactics nor discuss such issues with you", then for myself, I would probably mostly stop criticizing them, and would instead with others, work to form a different organization. Of course they wouldn't wish that to happen (although it would certainly be very difficult to achieve anyway), but they can't have it both ways where they claim to represent *all* of us, but refuse to allow us some role in influencing the issues mentioned. And another reason they wouldn't likely want to honestly say that is also because it thus makes it clear that they are in fact acting mostly at the behest of party poker, CP magazine and online sports betting interests.