View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: *The Gym* Health and Fitness (and how you can lose weight, fatso)

[ QUOTE ]

As for general diet rules, I try to stick to lean meats, a good amount of carbs, and low fat products. I have cut out almost all caloric intake for drinks, and drink a fair amount of water throughout the day at work and any physically-intensive environment. Eating multiple small meals throughout the day helps to regulate your insulin levels, and your body can more efficiently use the calories when it is spaced out as such. In doing this, you will lower the amount of calories stored as fat. Hopefully it is obvious to you that eating 2000 calories a day over 5 meals is a lot healthier than 2 large meals from Wendy’s and McDonald’s, so this principle should be easy to grasp. This might be the number one most important part of weight loss – eating a lot of small meals often. The other is developing a good cardio plan and sticking to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try a high protein, high fat, low carb diet instead. Everyone and their mother thinks fat is bad for you. Wrong. Fat is good for you. Eat a lot of fat. Does fat spike insulin and make you store it? No. Do sugar/starch/processed foods? Yes.

These threads are really getting tiresome. How you look, how fat you are, etc, are all a function of your diet. I don't understand why time and time again people fail to understand this. Stop eating processed food, stop eating starch, you will lose weight, you will have to fight, constantly to KEEP WEIGHT ON. I lost about 20 lbs without going to the gym when I stopped eating processed food and bread/rice/pasta/potato/starch. I eat these foods periodically (once every 2 weeks or so) not because I miss them, but because I don't have a choice in specific dining settings. I actually don't miss them, I feel like [censored] when I eat them now. It's your body telling you that it wasn't built to eat processed food.

"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar."

If people followed this advice, every diet pill/diet book/diet program, the entire industry would go out of business. Luckily, they have nothing to worry about because the answer has been in front of our eyes all along, most of us are just too stupid/inept to pick up a book and realize it.

I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing. Bottomline, no one should be on a low fat diet and the only people that can get away with heavy carb eating are olympic/professional athletes because they are so active. This does not mean the carbs. are good for them.

/rant