View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Absolute Morality

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lets say that a god exists.

this god thinks that having gay sex is wrong
I think that having gay sex is not wrong

is "absolute morality" that having gay sex is wrong?

the problem is that "absolute morality" is a meaningless phrase.

it does not change the fact that there are differing moralities here.

the only possible difference here is that this being can force us to go along with his morality or face the punishment.

if god believes that playing bingo after 10pm is wrong, but every other being doesn't believe that it is wrong...is it "absolutely" wrong?

call it what you will, but calling it something different does not change anything.

you are correct that it makes no difference...there is only what is true and what is not.

I know we've been over this subject many times before..and I think you are correct that people are generally terrified that something can't be considered as "absolutely" wrong...curiously enough, every person seems to posess the information on what is "absolutely" right and wrong..I think it's just a way of reinforcing their own beliefs...there's nothing more powerful than believing that the greatest possible being agrees with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that Gay Sex and playing Bingo are the same thing morally then you will think like you do. Which if you can't see how thats so insanely stupid that thinking is, then, well, God Bless Ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

SitNHit, I've been very patient with you, but you're testing me...

your complaint is irrelevent to the point of my post..the specifics are arbitrary.

I'm going to say this one time.

the people in this forum are some of the most reasonable people I have ever come into contact with..they attempt to make arguments with the utmost respect for logic and understand the need for logical discourse. The simple fact is that you are not as smart as the people in this forum..probably not even as smart as I am (and I'm no genius).

Since you have come into this forum, you have sent me a very rude PM (No matter how much we disagree with eachother in here, I doubt anyone has ever sent such a bizarre PM to another poster.)

you have also managed not make a single decent argument..I understand that your english is not very good, but it goes much deeper than that.

Make no mistake about it, you are not up to the level of intellect that most of the posters in this forum are. Your posts thus far have contributed nothing to the forum. But I don't mind either of these things..the same could be said about me when I first started posting here..but I was rarely arrogant and never rude.

judging by the fact that your posts have largely stopped getting responses, people are basically through with you.

I suggest that you apologize to the forum for insulting several members when unprovoked other than that they hold a different view than you..and make a resolution to get some logic and reason into your posts.

otherwise, I'm done responging to you and I'm done attempting to be nice as well.

Chris