View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: What would you do here?

[ QUOTE ]
Curious why you mini-raised SB on the turn?

It seems to me that is a bad play. It neither protects your TP + OESD from the two flush draws, nor does it really fold out any better hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, thanks. Here was my reasoning:

Part 1:

Until only a few hands before this, we had played out about an hour where just about any raise over 0.25 would result in a fold around... and even UTG raising 0.25 PF would often result in it being folded around. For micro NL, the table was pretty tight. My thought was that firing back and making it 1.20 to go to the CO would have made it impossible for him to call according to the way the table had been and it was enough to make the SB think hard... but not hard enough since he had the overpair.

Part 2:

The only other alternative was an open shove on my part since any raise for 1.20 or more would have left me pot committed, and he'd know it. I thought that an open shove would look despirate and only entice the call, which I would rather have done without (I was hoping to end it there since, for this table, the pot had grown to a good size and I'd had bad luck with being out drawn this week).

Vorlin