View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Baby flush vs. slowplayer

[ QUOTE ]
This guy has a very low pfr and I've played with him a good amount. He likes to open limp big hands and bad hands alike, and get creative on big streets with them, a lot of times waiting for the river.

This may be really simple but I'm just running through the "types" of players I've been up against lately.

So this guy limps UTG and it's folded to me in the BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, check.

Turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, I call.

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

All streets up for debate. Bet the flop and quit on the hand? Turn line? River - bet/call, check/call, check/raise/call? No folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the flop and turn. I don't think you can even debate the flop check or turn bet.

The river is a simple combinatorial thing, it looks like he could have KQ, QJ, QT, Q9, JT, JJ, KK, AA, all of those add up, and he's probably betting most of them, and they are much more plentiful than the few flushes or boats he could have. So checkraise.