View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Blind war, small PP OOP against a LAG

4h 30/60.

Some context that may or may not be useful: After 2-3 days of playing like a major lagtard I took a day off, but am now back to the tables. The 3 guys at the table are all very laggy and definitely push crappy hands too far, love to bluff, etc. (kinda like how I've been playing). In other words, because I'm a regular, they probably have notes on me as one of their own.

I've resolved that at this table, it makes sense to calm the [censored] down, play tight, wait for some good hands, and start punishing/trapping instead of getting into bluff wars. (Though a couple of sessions ago I pulled off an awesome turn cap, river-cap bluff where my opponent folded to the last bet on the river, I had a busted flush draw. So sweet! I *knew* the little bastard read me for having nothing . . . )

But anyway:

Folded to me, I raise in the SB with 33. Bluffy McVillain calls.

Flop is 667 rainbow. I bet, he raises. He could do this with a 7, an ace, a draw, complete air, or maybe even a '6'.

Options:

1)3bet, lead (any) turn.
2)Call, checkraise a non 8/9/A turn, otherwise call down.
3)Call, donk the turn (this could induce a value-bluff-raise on his part as lagtards hate being donked into).
4)Check/call down.

If he has air or a draw, villain will probably bluff the river a high percentage of the time unimproved unless he has an ace.

I didn't ponder it too deeply when the '9' hit on the turn, and I resorted to check/call mode, but I think I'd lean towards #2. This guy is super-bluffy, though, and there's a small chance he'd 3bet the turn as a bluff.

Against many I'd 3-bet the flop and lead, and that's probably the right line, but even if this guy is on a draw he'll take a free card, like, never. And I doubt he has an ace, or else he'd probably have repopped me preflop.

Opins?

PS -- Any line which includes "check/fold" or "bet/fold" in it I think needs to move to the bottom of the pile. Unless the turn and river are a 8 and then a 5, or my pair gets counterfeited.