View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Pushing the Marginal? ($10NL)

This is my first time playing Ring NL for money outside of a tournament in essentially 2 years, and that was when I was first getting into poker and blew my first $25 deposit and basically haven't done Ring NL since. I'm comfortable with NL tournies, but since this hand is not from a tourney, this forum is where this hand belongs. I'm a regular over in the limit forum, but I felt like a change of pace and playing some NL tonight, and this hand was a result. So this post also serves as an introduction, because I had fun with the NL and I'll do it again.

<font color="gray">I have PT, but under the assumption that even if any of these players were in my (limit) database, the data would be next to useless, so I didn't bother bringing it up (though I suppose the HUD could've helped). So, there are no stats, but that doesn't mean there are no reads.</font>
CO is unknown, but the button is different. When the button joined my table, I was up to about $8. With some bad bluffs and overestimating his willingness to fold, I had whittled myself down to about $2. This hand takes place after I exploited my image as a bluffer to make some good double ups, most of the chips which have come from his stack. Now that our stack sizes are reversed, I think he might be tilting, and it's not certain. He was a sort of loose to begin with anyways.

Essentially when the ace falls I was worried about him improving with ace rags to aces up or maybe even a slowplayed set.

On the river though, he's become severely shortstacked. He's betting at most about 1/2 the pot, so I figured he might bet out of tilt and then I'd decide if I wanted to call that amount, but I wasn't about to give it to him.

Looking back as I post this, I should've pushed him all in on the river, no?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($3.35)
SB ($10)
BB ($6)
UTG ($6.85)
UTG+1 ($10.60)
MP1 ($12.20)
MP2 ($13.40)
Hero ($9.70)
CO ($4.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, CO calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.65) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, CO folds, Button calls $1.

River: ($3.65) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $3.65