View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: How did life begin?

"Which of these great cosmic questions does a belief in the Christian God answer? Why we are here? Of course not, it merely pushes the question back a step."

Of course not? If you say, "God created man but only he knows why" I think that offers a good answer to people looking for the truth. Can something arrive from nothing? Not according to any science I've ever heard. Saying there is a God explains why things exist.

I'm not saying we shouldn't question it. I'm saying that comparing it to something we know is just a myth or made up like the Easter Bunny or Santa is ridiculous. As for proofs I'm not going to post them, you can google them easily. Accounts of verdical NDE's (where the dead patient sees/hears things later verified to be true) or out of body experiences raise eyebrows, as well as a bunch of other things that I can't remember a whole lot about. The common "science" explanation for a lot of supernatural phenomena is severely lacking - however, they don't need to be considered as nothing supernatural holds up as scientific evidence, so believing it or not is your choice.

As for life being meaningless, well...if we KNEW that we'd die and go to heaven, wouldn't life be so much different? If you were ever a Christian you wondered why people didn't look forward to death more or try to basically live out there lives as fast as possible. I mean, eternal paradise is a hell of a lot better than what we have here isn't it? If there is a God I can logically assume two things - BECAUSE of this he probably wouldn't (or even couldn't) make his existance 100% known, and also that he wouldn't make a universe that's not scientifically explainable. Science is just a collection of assumptions made from repeated observations and testing. How could a universe NOT be scientifically explainable? Which is why I doubt science, even evolutionary science is going to disprove God at all.