View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Lay down Aces full to all in bet on river?

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in my home game, down to four handed, 5/10 blinds, 500 buy in (500 rebuys). Dealers choice. Almost end of night...was stuck early, now up a grand or so, have 1500ish in chips. I have tight image - rarely loose, and usually not much.

5 card omaha 7 or better.

I am in cutoff.

I have A-A-2-10-K, double suited.

I raise $50 preflop. Everyone calls...this is common. We friends who like the action, and nearly end of night...no one wants to fold.

Flop: 9-7-7 rainbow.

Checked around.

Turn: A

I now have aces full.

Checked to me, I bet $200 into $250 pot. I sorta want callers, but wouldn't mind if everyone folded, as I have no low draw. Button folds, UTG mulls A LONG TIME...too long, IMO. He usually is talkative and quick, now very quiet. He gets quiet when he has a monster. He is tricky, aggressive player. Finally, he calls. Other player folds.

River: off suit 5, making low.

He goes all-in. I call.

He's got quad 7s, and back up low and scoops.

Question #1. Can anyone fold this hand? This player is will go all-in with only nut low. He could easily have 3-4 with trip 7's or a weak full house. On the other hand, he knows I probably have aces-full, so why would he just bet the low if he knew I would call. In any case, I know I am just calling to get $250 back, hardly worth $1200+

Question #2: How do I prevent my brain from freezing up and having the words come out of my mouth before settling down? I had a hunch that he had quad seven, but the words "I call" came out of my mouth before I could even stop and think. It was like my brain went into a spastic "flee or fight" mode, and I paniced.

What I am really upset about was the manner in which I called...I didn't step back, and think about it...ie. I'm chopping at best, maybe getting scooped. I'll give up the $250 and go on. I'm not sure I could have folded, but I would like to have given myself a chance.

Thanks.

manku

[/ QUOTE ]

So even assuming you can only win half the pot, he has to have 77 more than 1/3 of the time here to make a pot-sized call on the river bad, and it seems like there are a million ways he could have a low, trips+low, etc. Now I haven't played these wacky 5-card games, but this still sounds like low content thread material.