View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: For atheists....how?

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think just for him to come up with that was pretty impressive. Now it is absurd in the way that you can fake a belief in something you don't really think exists. It doesnt work like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
He wasnt suggesting you could trick God. He was suggesting that by following religious customs without believing in God, you would come to believe for real.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should believe in God if you don't, I do think you may want to look into the possiblity of it and maybe do the steps that others have done that gave them there strong belief. It says in the bible if ye pray and ask if I am real with a pure heart, he will reveal that answer to you with an undenyable feeling. If you refuse to even try, thats your own choice. And you either made a good one or a very bad one. Im sure you will find out before me

[/ QUOTE ]
A common theme through your posts seems to be that we atheists havent "given it a go". Many of us have made a genuine effort to believe in God (if it is indeed possible to "try" to believe) and found that the hypothesis just doesnt fit the facts. You're not discussing religion with people who refuse to acknowledge God as a possibility, you're discussing it with people who think his existence is very unlikely.