View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Heads up for NL players, 10/20 NL juicy as hell

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to officially nominate Las Vegas as the permanent site of the NBA All-Star Game. Also the NHL and MLB ASGs, the Pro Bowl, the Super Bowl, the Final Four (yeah right), etc.

... Or at least, I hope they go back there once I'm bankrolled and able to move out to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NBA all star game here every year?....that's a wonderful idea...as we can be assured of having at least one weekend each year when thugs (of all races) descend upon our pristine city and harass, assault, burglarize, and shoot patrons and workers up and down the strip (Although you'll probably never hear about it through the media I know for a fact there were major shootings at Caesars and Paris and I've heard there were others). I know a lot of people that work in the service industry on the strip...I've talked to several this weekend and they've all stressed how miserable and disturbing it was.
Granted there was a lot of money being thrown around, but it was a bad scene here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shootings were discussed in the media, and they were in both scenarios people who knew one another. No workers were harmed in any of the shootings, and none were even at risk unless you have information that is not public knowledge.

According to last night's news report there were just under 300 arrests this weekend (up from an average of 18/day if I remember correctly) with the vast majority of them being petty larceny. As the police chief pointed out anytime you bring that many people to Las Vegas there is bound to be a criminal element that will follow. As a former NYC resident I can verify this theory(small sample size of course), crime skyrockets anytime there is a political convention.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]