View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: $575 all in on turn...do i call?

I don't agree with a c/r on the flop. I believe that the check raise on the flop is dangerous for a number of reasons.

1. No one may bet and two bad things can occur. You can turn the nuts and have everyone shut off with very little money in the pot, or the turn can come 7-A and you do not know the strength of your hand.

2. You go for a c/r but one of the tighter players leads out before the maniac bets, then your opponents have a better idea of your hand if you decide to call, and you also have difficulty assigning them a hand. Remember they have same information that you have, and may be betting wrap draw, same two pair, sets, air, what can you put them on after they bet before the maniac??

3. Your opponents have a real monster, check to the maniac who bets, and then you are check raising drawing to 8 outs.

For this reason I lead into the maniac 3/4ths pot, as then it looks pretty strong and only good hands will probably reraise and all others will probably call. Also, if the turn hits your straight with no flush cards, you can play it deceptively.