View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: I just keep betting and betting until ... I\'m all in!

Your range here is pretty much exactly air/boats/flushes. Problem is obviously figuring out with what frequency.

From your POV, I really don't get why you would lead the flop here with air (I guess maybe you can think button needs an ace or better to call, so you take down pot a lot?).

But if you do, and button just calls, turn looks like a GREAT card to 2 barrel on. If he's any good, he must realise you range for leading flop is 2pair+ and combo draws, and draws just got there. After button just calls turn, I presume you are putting him on a big ace with a high spade most the time. you gotta remember that a lot of players might flat call a set on the flop (and obv won't raise turn when flush hits) and a lot of players won't raise a flush on the turn.

So basically, you have to be putting him on a big ace, boat or flush. So for you to fire here with air would be pretty retarded, as so little of his range is folding. As a result, I guess vs your range, I would need J-high flush or better to call? That being said, I'm sure A bad TAG might look you up with just aces up here as he thinks he's under-repped his hand