View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 04:00 PM

Default AC Last Night: Heads-Up with Steve Dannenmann on the hood of my car!

What an interesting night last was. Started like a pretty ordinary Saturday evening in beautiful (lol) Atlantic City, was having a good time playing some NL, had a few drinks, table was amicable and friendly.

All of a sudden, Steve Dannenmann walks by with Jerry Dietzel. He's being followed by about 3 people who want to shake his hand or get an autograph or whatever.

"Look at this [censored]. Guy comes in second in a poker tournament and all of a sudden he's an overnight celebrity. What a joke," I noted to the older gentleman in the seat next to me.

Maybe it was the dozen or so White Russians I had downed, but I ended up calling him out.

"Hey! Dannenmann! Yeah, you. You're a joke buddy! Who the hell do you think you are? You haven't won [censored], you're a nobody and a horrible poker player," I stood up and yelled at him.

"Who the hell do you think you are, punk?" he shot back angrily.

"Buddy, I would take you down so hard if we were to play heads up," I told him.

"Sorry sir, I don't play these low limit tables. Come and find me at $25/50NL and then we can talk," he responded smugly.

"[censored] that, Dannenmann. I have chips in the trunk of my car. I say we settle this man to man, a heads up battle for $2000 right now," I said to him.

"Why not make it $5000?" he shot back.

"You're on," I told him.

So myself, Dannenmann, Jerry Dietzel, and a few interested observers went out to the parking garage, where I got the chips out out - T5000 in chips, 25/50 blinds going up every 20 minutes. Jerry Dietzel dealt while Dannenmann and I sat on opposite ends of the hood of my 2003 Camry with 10 G's under one of the windshield wipers.

Within 15 minutes, I'd executed a HUGE bluff on Dannenmann, he folded and showed two pair, I showed him a busted draw.

"Steve, how the hell can you fold that? Two pair heads up is a monster!" Dietzel said. Dannenmann was kind of pissed off at him at that point.

Blinds got to 50/100, I'm sitting with 3400 of the 5K chips in play and pick up JJ, pop it to 300, Dannenmann moves in for his last 1600 with A8 off, JJ holds up FTW.

I counted out my 10 G's and told Dietzel and Dannenmann that I'd see them at the Main Event.