View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Horrible Moderation In Politics Forum

[ QUOTE ]
whiskey,

It's about time you showed some [censored] gratitude. Also the pity of the thing re you 3 trolls I mentioned, is that you are the one who is capable of making decent posts, but except for a very few instances, just won't make the effort and resort to the trollish use of bumper sticker slogans and links with no real reasoning/discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad - I was imitating Republicans - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] j/k

seriously though - I consider it fairly dishonest to read a blog and try to paraphrase it's contents or pass them off as my own - if it's a good idea worthy of discussion, I'd just post the link, add my 2 cents, and go from there - whoever said they wanted to ban links to blog posts aren't doing it to improve discussion, they're trying to stifle it.

The debate in the politics forum is a microcosm of the whole political spectrum - and there are two kinds of politicans - those who seek to unite, and those who seek to divide -

Karl Rove, for example, is a divider - he wants 50.1% and that's all he cares about - politics by division is simple-minded and petty and resorts to soundbites and catch-phrases to either label opposition negatively (cut-and-run, slow-bleed) or seek to put a postive spin on something that is too negative by current appearances (surge vs. escalation)

Then there are folks who are uniters - they won't get 100%, but he recognizes that there are solutions that will work for 80% of the American population that can be pursued.

I tend to get snippy and personal with dividers cause at the core, I recognize them as a lesser form of politican then a uniter - they are self-motivated and self-serving rather then trying to serve the greater American good - and for a time I resorted to responding to some in a more negative way then necessary - I think my quality of posting has only improved since....

it also helps that I was on the Republican side since 2000 and understand a great deal of the motivation from that mindpoint, esp. of the constituancy and the leaders.

I for one am completely weary of the politics of division, and I believe a majority of Americans are - which is why Barack Obama has such broad appeal, especially with what will be a crucial demographic - the newly registered 18-21 year old voters in their first presidental election.

However, if Hillary gets the nomination, we're boned. It'll be Clinton Dynasty, part II - I can't think of anyone Repub's would like more to see nominated, either - all the more reason she should stay in the state.

I thought we had two moderators - One leaning to the left, one to the right, to provide balance - do we need our own committee to keep the place running?

rb