View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Horrible Moderation In Politics Forum

Bluff, for the life of me I have no idea why you believe those three posters are trolls. There are much more obnoxious posters in Politics than those three. I think that Whiskey is one of the best posters in there and while Cardcounter and Canis aren't as good as him, there's nothing wrong with them. I also don't think its a coincidence that all three posters on your list are liberals.

As for 4 High's ban, the reason I did it was a passage in the pamphlet where the Congressman explained that Evolution science is the result of a Jewish conspiracy. This is classic anti-semitism because it feeds into the "Jews control the world" myth. I can PM the link on Monday if anyone is interested.

4 High's excuse that he was mocking the Congressman is a mitigating factor which is why I banned him for 1 day instead of two. But I don't think I can completely excuse it because more than half of the country believes in creationism. There is a reasonable possibility that someone like that would take the Congressman's message to heart and that's why I banned him and I stand by the ban.

That said, I recognize that there are people on this forum who could do a better job at moderating Politics than I. I would be willing to step down if someone came forward that I thought could do a better job than me. I have [censored] and Andyfox in mind, but I'm open to suggestions.