View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 02:29 PM

Default $575 all in on turn...do i call?

Home game, second to last hand of night. I have a tight image. 5-10 blinds, 500 initial buy in, with 500 add ons. NL, not PL, dealers choice. mostly hilo. anyway, this high only omaha hand comes up.

I have about 1500 in chips in SB, up 500 for night. Only 5 players left at game.

all players limp to button/dealer, who raises to 50. This guy is borderline maniac and stuck close to 5K for night.

I look down, see 3-4-5-6, double suited. Not great, but playable...especially with only two hands remaining. All other players call.

Flop. 3-5-K, rainbow. I flop bottom two, and straight (no wrapper, though).

Checked to dealer who fires in $200. I call. (Question...should I have bet out, check raised or folded here. or is my call ok?)

All other players fold.

Turn: 9, putting a 4 flush out for me.

I check to button, who goes all in for 575.

I'm getting a little better than 2-1 on my money...I may be winning with two pair (he may have naked aces), I have 6 nut outs to my straight draw and a potential 7 more to my flush.
Plus 4 outs to my two pair give me maybe 17 (or am I counting twice?) total outs out of 44.

I call.

Unfortunately, he had me totally dominated: he had a k-3, for two higher pair, with the king high flush draw.

My guess is that I should have made a big bet on the flop, and this player (with my tight image) may have folded fearing a set.

I think my passive play cost me...I have trouble playing with wild, super aggressive players. Unless I have a monster, I never know where I stand. They will check raise with draws, bottom two etc...

Thoughts?

Manku