View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Ultra exciting blind battle

Not really, it's actually pretty boring. Anyway, villain is Mario Ho, yesterday when I first played with her I think she probably thought I was a nit because I missed a bet on one hand against a fish and then tried to c/r Roc on the river with TPGK in a blind defense situation and he checked behind, so it might have looked like I was actually afraid I didn't have the winner. Today I would guess that Roc has told her the secret that I only look like a nit and am in fact a spazzfish that will bet and raise relentlessly hoping to get everyone to fold. In this must move game she's on my left, she doesn't chop, and since I've probably played about 980732409127409132 times more blind battles than her this suits me fine, though I'd certainly prefer being on her left. Background hand:

I raise J8h in small blind, she calls. J52 two diamonds, I bet she raises I call. Turn 9o I c/r she 3bets I call. River Qd I bet she folds after thinking for a while, meaning she probably had something like A5 exactly. Now the real hand.

I raise AJo, she 3bets I call. Flop Q25 two spades I have no spade. I c/r because my hand is looking good and I'm giving some serious thought to value betting it the whole way if she just calls the flop and turn, I'm sure Roc told her about the fantastic calldown he made yesterday with K high and I had Q high, I want to give her the chance to make the same great play. She calls. Turn J putting two diamonds out as well, I've got A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, she raises. What's the plan?

From our previous blind battle we can gather that she likes to raise/3bet the turn for a free showdown (although I didn't see her hand I can basically guarantee she was trying to convince herself to make a terrible call with a 5 or maybe even worse like some A high, she had a J there never). We can also gather she's very aggro with marginal hands and she doesn't want to let me get the best of her, after all she's the PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYER and the whole point of her not chopping is to get an opportunity to outplay me, so it probably makes her less than happy that unlike other players that just take her beatings, I pound back twice as hard.

So basically. Call and c/c river? Call and donk river like last time? Call c/r river? 3bet and bet river like a spewmeister? Fold because I don't like money?