View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Rob and Amber: Against the Odds (Daniel Negreanu reality show)

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know the specific action on the set over set over set. I can see it being hard to get away from middle set, but it would depend on the action of course. for example, let's say you're in a $10k tournament, first hand -- you start with 10k in chips. You have 99. You raise from middle position to 150, button reraises to 600 and a blind calls. So you decide to call for set value -- fairly standard. Now the flop comes T95 with two of a suit. The blind bets 1800k, which is about the pot. You have to think your set is good on this drawing board -- plus you think it's very reasonable that one/both of these guys has AA-QQ. You raise to 4000, the button pushes, and the blind calls. Well, it's certain very possible that one of these guys has top set, but do you think it's an easy fold? Their range can easily be AA/KK AKs or even AT for lots of donks. Would you fold this hand for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

The show didn't mention the preflop raise or the starting stack sizes at all I am not sure the buy in of the event either. Board is Q 9 4 I assume he is early as he acts first with his bet of 1600 I would figure there was a preflop raise being the first hand of the tourney, and a bet that big. Then both other players go all in instantly after his bet Rob calls.