View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: My Thoughts on Poker (long but good)

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking at my stats and realized since I won the second chance I basically have broke even for the last 5 months or so. Now I consider myself to be a very good player so why am I breaking even over such a long period of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats actually kinda funny. reread what I wrote in that post you linked. Last time it happened to me I had a 5 month nearly break even period after a couple good mtt wins.

basic recipe is I suddenly didn't really need the money and had a larger bankroll than I was used too. So, I naturally played higher stakes than I normally would, and was less serois/focused than I normally would be. I knew at least in the short term it didnt really matter.

All that pretty much set me up to fail, sounds like the same has happened to you. My advice is take one game, your best game, and just do that one thing for a month at a level you know you can beat. Focus, review, and get back into the habit of winning. Thats how my last intense sng period came about (over a year ago now). I went back to something I knew if I lost at it I may as well hang it up. For me that was $55 and $33 party regulars. I focused, I grinded, and I made about the same return I always had. Then I moved on to other things, but with a winning mindset.

gl, Steve