View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:36 PM

Default USA POLICY IN THE MIDDLE EAST: DO YOU AGREE???

The U.S. backed the Shah of Iran, a ruthless tyrant, against the people of Iran. We provided weapons. The Shah lost and the Iranians ended up hating the U.S. Then we backed Iraq and Saddam Hussein, a worse tyrant, in a long war against Iran. We provided weapons and intelligence. Then we made a secret deal with Iran to provide weapons if they would support the Contras in Central America. I can't spell Nicaraqua.

Along the way, we helped the Taliban come to power and provided the weapons we now fight against.

When Saddam invaded Kuwait, we threw him out but allowed him to remain in power. Now we have invaded and occupied Iraq. We did this because a group of Saudi Arabians attacked us on Nine/Eleven. People in the Middle East countries hate us regardless of their religion.

Now, the Sunnis hate the Shiites and have for 1300 years. Some of the Shiites hate other Shiite groups. We have provided weapons to all factions. The Sunnis and the Shiites hate the Kurds who hate the Turks. All of the above hate the Jews. We have provided weapons to every group involved. We provide weapons to all hoping it will bring peace. We borrow the money from the Chinese to do this. Iraqis are already as well armed as Texans but we still borrow the money and buy more weapons and hope it will bring peace.

All of our well intentioned foreign policy ideas fail because the ordinary people in all these countries hate us. We hold to the policy, in a magical thinking sort of way, that we can bring them Democracy. In those countries where elections were held: Iran, Lebanon, and Palestine, the USA backed side lost.

If our troops leave, there will be some escalation of the civil war that already exists in Iraq. I'd get our troops out of the middle of all this. We cannot determine events in the Middle East. I would focus on defending the Homeland. All these tribes and factions would go on hating but the USA and England would not be the object of their greatest hatred. I'd defend, with the Air Force and the Navy, the borders of our allies in the region such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Israel. I would not put our troops in the middle of all this senseless hatred and predictable violence. Support the troops, bring them home. Is my mini-history correct? I know I forgot countless blunders.