View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Stud variance :(

[ QUOTE ]
Brad-

What makes your statement so funny and true is that there was that player sitting in between you and me at FTP's 3/6 stud table last night who was playing exactly as you describe...and somehow was managing to win, albeit not very much.

When I see players like this actually fold on 3rd street it makes me wonder how bad their hand has to be before they will fold. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. I made one really crappy 6th street call with pair of Q's, gutshot str8 draw, & flush draw into his Aces full. Didn't improve & had to fold. If that is the same guy....couldn't put him on a hand for nothing.

I have been seeing alot of play like that recently but I have not been getting any cards to fight back with. I'll get 1 middle pair per hour & when I do, the other 2 outs are someone else's door card. I basically have no hand & no draw when it has been raised, reraised, & cold called twice and I'm card dead. Go figure!

But, knock on wood, I have had a couple of small winning sessions & a couple of breakevens, so maybe the tide is turning for me.