View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Best place to play live PLO

[ QUOTE ]
This won't happen until PLO tournaments are broadcasted on ESPN, at least not for a long time. Too bad though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of it is TV, but also NL/PL games are more exciting and fun and more strategically interesting. Once people see NLHE on TV, they realize that it is more enjoyable to play than limit poker.

Part of the reason that there were not more small NL games in the US a few years ago was that cardrooms didn't want to bust out fish quickly, rather than have them keep coming back, paying rake, and helping to bring in other customers. Also, you don't want to deal with angry players.

With NL/PL, you have to know a little bit what you are doing or your money is gone like that. With 2/4 limit holdem or 1-3 limit stud, you can have a whole table of fish who can enjoy playing and gradually losing a little.

The other problem with PLO is that it is a fairly complicated game. The average total donk isn't going to be able to even figure out what his hand is.

If PLO catches on a little more in the US, I am sure there will be 2/5 or whatever games spread regularly.

I think they do play 1/2 PLO in pounds or euros in Britain and Ireland. In continental Europe, there are not a lot of low stakes games in cardrooms, so I don't know if they have low stakes PLO. I think the game in Amsterdam is about the equivalent of $5/$10 PLO.