View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Ask Misfire anything about the LSAT/Law School Admissions

[ QUOTE ]
Have you thought about attending some random T14, and trying to transfer to Stanford after your 1L?

I know what you mean about wanting to retake the LSAT though. I received a 173 without much studying (my studying consisted entirely of doing four practice tests), and I know I could have done a lot better quite easily. (For starters, if I'd known the room wouldn't have a wall clock, I could have gotten to 176 easily by bringing a watch/timer.) 173 is a frustrating score--good enough to get into a ton of places, but not necessarily good enough for HYS...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah also this is a really bad idea because honestly any top 20 school is going to have the same caliber of students. Ie its going to be really really hard, and to transfer you generally need really really good grades. The LSAT and the admissions system in general is bad at actually putting smarter people at better schools, the "smartness" gradation is very very slight from school to school. It's NOT like undergrad when you can say to yourself "well I'll just go to x state and get straight As and transfer." Law school prety much attracts the best and brightest from everywhere, which means it takes the kid from x random school who was really smart and didn't slack.

Just my 2 cents from someone who went to a good undergrad and isn't at the greatest law school. This school is tougher than undergrad, and these students are, as a whole, smarter than the kids I competed with at Wake.