View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: The Photography Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm in a Black and White photography class, but if you guys want I can suggest some ideas for contests and I wouldn't have a problem running it. Unfortunately, all my pictures right now are being taken on film and I have to develop them myselves (although I have a grasp on how to develop film, we haven't printed anything yet).

I think bi-weekly would be best, but it's up to you. Once we start developing prints, I'll upload some of my stuff.

My suggestions would end up being more along the lines of becoming focused on various aspects of photography. Light, perspective, depth of field, etc, although I'm sure I could come up with more topical things like shooting animals, shooting people, etc. Or...um...we have an assignment for a month from now is to take a self-portrait of your sexuality as seen from the opposite sex. I might skip over that one.

Anyway, let me know. I would need thread-starting powers in this thread to start a contest, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's start with topical. I think it will give a chance for greater involvement from different people who may not know as much about photography. We should probably try to focus on topics that are available to everyone (like don't have a topic be flowers when it's too cold for much variety for most people).

Also, I wish I was still shooting b&w developing my own prints. I loved the control I had over it. What kind of film are you shooting right now?