View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Your favorite things to do or places to go: San Francisco Bay Are

Also in the Lower Haight is Memphis Minnie's, superb BBQ. Nearby up Haight is Magnolia Brew Pub which has okay food but some very good beer.

For tourists :

The Exploratorium is really fun and right near the green belt on the Marina which has great views of Golden Gate Bridge. Also nearby if you bikes it's really fun to ride around the Presidio and you can ride across the bridge.

Coit Tower is actually really cool, the view is nice but my favorite thing are the WPA murals.

The De Young Museum is pretty cool; the building itself has really interesting architecture, you can go up in the tower for another cool view, and it's right in Golden Gate Park which is a totally amazing place (again best on bikes because it's huge).

I love going up to Twin Peaks and Buena Vista Park, but like my favorite thing generally is trekking around.

The Mexican food in the Mission is indeed great. I'm kind of tired of taquerias now so I've been hitting other places :

Chava's has amazing mexican soups called "caldos" that are rich and spicy.

Los Jarritos is a sit-down joint that has all the regular stuff; I love the "sopa de albondigas" (meatball soup)