View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Re: When did I turn into a nit? 30/60 Stud 8

I have no problem at all calling the check raise, his raise means is he's either picked up a draw that he likes or, occasionally, he has some weird high hand that beats a pair of tens. Given his 3rd street action he should have more than just a razz hand here, he usually has an A down or a 3-flush or 67. Since he is aggro I would weight him toward a low draw with the Ac, so we're pretty much flipping coins here given that he has a 4-flush with it 1/5 of the time or so. I can't really fault your bet here, I think it is really close either way.

On 6th he caught an A so he either has a made low or a pair of aces. If he made a low he doesn't have much of a redraw and we won't get scooped very often, especially with our boat draw and we're way ahead of aces here so your bet is good. His call usually means he has aces + low draw.

7th is the interesting street imo. I think it's a bet since we're rarely getting scooped and many people will pay off with aces up here. Of course he will raise if he makes a low but he can't make a straight and, unless he has a brick in the hole, he doesn't have a flush either. So let him raise.