View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Ask Misfire anything about the LSAT/Law School Admissions

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that the normal route is to take the LSAT during your last year in college...but lets say for example that I really like taking standardized tests and decide to take it during my second year in college...will this have any effect, positive or negative, on my chances of getting into a decent law school? In other words, is there any harm in taking the test earlier than normal? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

First I'd say you're on crack for enjoying standardized tests. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Your score is good 3-5 years after you take it, depending on where you apply. As long as it's new enough to be accepted, it'll be weighed the same--no harm done. I'd just check with your top 4 or 5 schools and see how far back they'll accept a score. Make sure you study and get a good score the first time. Even schools who'll take your highest score will see your lower ones (and how many you've canceled).

How many years out of school you are DOES make a difference, as most schools will weigh your GPA less (and thus weigh your LSAT more) the longer you've been out. Sounds like you'd be going straight through, so make sure your GPA is solid as well.

Edit: Princeton Review is giving free practice tests this week, if you just wanted to take a stab at the test for [censored] and giggles.