View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Aggressive driving tips

[ QUOTE ]

Another good technique is to turn on your brights at night. Don't flash them - they'll just slow down, just turn them on and leave them on, they have no choice but to get out of your way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you people would get really annoyed if I was the one you were pulling this [censored] on.

Let me preface this to say that I used to drive 40-50K miles a year (outside sales) and almost always 9 miles over the limit. I rarely hold up anyone who wants to go faster and usually change lanes to allow them to pass easier when I see them coming up in my rearview mirror. However on occasion I have have had drivers behind me do the bright lights bit, maybe when I was in the process of passing a line of cars, whatever. Anyway if they flash them, no problem, I don't really speed up any but I get out of the way as soon as I am done passing. The handful of times that some dickwad has simply left his bright lights on, I usually recall that I am not in that big of a hurry and slow down just slightly. It often takes forever to get around the last car in the line I am passing.