View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Please post your favorite Bible verses here

I'll do a few classics.

"Moses was angry with the officers of the army, the captains of thousands and the captains of hundreds, who had come from service in the war.
And Moses said to them, 'Have you spared all the women?
Behold, these caused the sons of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, so the plague was among the congregation of the LORD.
Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately.
But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves." Numbers 31:14-18

"Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!'
When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number." 2 Kings 2:23-24

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
And a man's enemies will be the members of his household." Matt. 10:34-36