View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Life changing moments...

I was married before and went through a bad divorce. I had pretty much decided that I was going to not marry again and spend alot of my engery for work, and having fun.

I started getting in a real serious relationship with a girl I had been off and on with for awhile. I knew early on it could be something really good but we were at different points in our lives. She is a a deeply religous person....I don't think that is agood way to describe her, she keeps her veiws to herself, she doesn't push them on anyone. I was rasied catholic and moved away from the church at a young age.
She reintroduced me to the church. I kept it at arms distance for along time. The more I saw and the more I really thought I realized there has to be something more out there. If there isn't what much point is there to all of this. Then I went on a deployment to new orleans right after katrinia and down there with all of the death and trashed houses and destruction I realized there even more then before that has to be a god. That is also the day I asked her to marry me(over text messege, yes I know, I did it right later on in person) Who knew 18 hrs of one day in a flooded city would change a person so much. I didn't.