View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Card dead again!

Cards seem to come and go during a single session. I've had plenty of people tell me that you can't depend on it, and I know the stats, I've seen it happen too many times to discount it completely. I can go two hours without any playable hands, then get 3 or 4 in a row, then nothing. If I get hands early, then it seems that I'll go card dead at some point. I know it, so I'm prepared.

When I'm in one of those dead zones and buzzards are circling my seat, I hunker down. The worst thing I can do is get impatient and start playing marginal hands. They are losers, and I know it. I am not losing much, throwing away hands. One pot and I'm close to or above where I started. If I'm down a few blinds, then I'm only flattening out my hourly rate from those times when I was white-hot and winning 20BBs/hr. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

At live low limits, I'm not convinced one can play "too tight." You get paid off on your big hands, as they don't pay any attention to how many hands you've played. Show down a few big hands, and then you can actually steal enough to pay a bunch of orbits' blinds. The only way you can steal.

Anyone can win when they have good cards. The real test is how you do when you don't get good hands for two or three hours. If you can break even or lose very little, you're a player. I try to lose a little when I lose, and win a lot when I win. Sounds simple. But it ain't.