View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: out of the game for a while, wtf happened?

I think I speak for all when I say "Some A-hole in Congress" tacked on an anti-online gambling bill to the Port Security Act. Typical pork-barrel type B.S. Anyway, no one in Congress was going to vote against $4 billion in port security, so it sailed through without a hitch.

But this bill (can't remember what it's called) makes it illegal for U.S. banks to fund and process payments for online gambling purposes. It is NOT illegal for us to gamble online, just for our banks to fund them. So because of this a lot of sites have backed out, the main being Party. Party Poker is publicly traded, so that's one of the main reasons they backed out of the U.S. I think. Among other reasons of course.

Anyway, your best bets are Stars, Full Tilt, Bodog, and Ultimate Bet. Some other various ones but these are your biggies.

By the way I know I butchered a lot of this like what the bill was exactly called and everything, but that is the jist of it for you. Hard as hell to fund accounts, read through some posts. Good luck my friend. =/

Lol, sorry guess I'm just a slow ass typer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]