View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

Speaking of Austin and Rock. When you guys were watching wrestling back then with all the monday night wars and seeing the rise of Austin and Rock, did any of you get the feeling that you were watching something REALLY special?
I remember watching wrestling back then and thinking to myself, stars like Austin and Rock can only happen once in a century and now we have them both on our TV at the prime of their careers at the same time! I knew what I was watching was something very historic and may never happen again. All the great monday night wars stuff with Nitro and WWE putting out real compelling television. So during that time I had taped every single raw and smackdown for those 3 or 4 years and saved them on CDs. SADLY, when I moved I ended up tossing out all kinds of junk that I'd been saving and among them were these CDs. Now I'm just kicking myself. One day when I'm old and grey I would just love to pull out these tapes again and relive the monday night wars and the rise of Austin and the Rock. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I just don't think we'll ever have a time period or stars like that ever again.