View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Harrahs Rincon WSOP Circuit Event ($340) Trip Report / Hand Advice

I had a similar experience - waited an hour in line to buy a seat, rushed to get a bite to eat (food is really substandard there), then they push the tourney back to 12:30, which comes and goes with no announcement and people jammed all over the place. They finally start letting players sit down and they started just before 1. Running every table in the place 11-handed to accomodate everyone, which they ultimately did but 11-handed is no fun, and the place was basically bedlam for the first half hour or so after the tournament started .

I recognized a lot of local poker room faces; talked to one guy who made the final 3 tables at the LAPC $330, but my sense was about 25% to 33% had a reasonable sense about how to play in an MTT.

The main problem was that every table in the house was tied up with the tournament so there was ANOTHER long line to get into a ring game (took 45 more minutes to get into a 3-5 NL game), won some of it back. They didn't start running satellites again for several hours. Long and short was the event was a logistical disaster but they had a good-sized field.

However, the big turnout was likely a function of it being on the weekend and the cheapest of the non-ladies events. The $500 events won't be nearly as crowded and it is a much more relaxed atmosphere. Unfortunately, I had to be at work this week so may not get back out to Harrahs, but hoping to play the LAPC supersats next Friday.

Cheers