View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 04:45 PM

Default 2-7 EV question.

Had a spot come up today thats pretty standard but made me think quite a bit. I suck too bad at math to figure this out for myself.
Assume a 3 handed game, I raise from the SB, BB defends we both draw two. I improve and bet he calls, we both draw 1 on the 2nd draw i make 86532 and bet he calls and stands pat behind me. Obviously I win here everytime.
Hes a fairly aggresive opponent and I was really surprised to see he froze me with 97632.
Now obviosuly as far as variance goes, him standing pat with a loser is a great thing because im always winning an $800 dollar pot here ($80-$160) and he is always calling a river bet.
As far as long term expected value I was wondering if you math guys could tell me how much better is it for him to raise me, assuming Ill always 3 bet and he will always break and be drawing live in a big pot. With the additional bets going in the pot is now going to be $1450 or so before the river. As far as the river goes, assume Ill always bet/call and that he will call my bet if he catches an 8 or another 9.
Let me know if I need to clairfy my question. Thanks!