View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Harrahs Rincon WSOP Circuit Event ($340) Trip Report / Hand Advice

Okay so here are the results:

I finally decide this is could be the best shot at me getting some chips to play with and figure I might as well get it in with a top 3 hand rather than waiting and having to push with something crappy later. I called and he turns over JJ to confirm my read of JJ or 1010 trying to avoid seeing a flop. Guy to my right says he folded AK, not sure how he thinks thats a huge laydown in that spot but whatever.

Flop comes K J 10 and I don't catch any of my outs and my first WSOP event comes to an end on a 2 outer.

Funny thing is I was a little nervous for playing in my first tourny and prior to taking my seat I told my gf I hope I dont get QQ or something where I have to make a decision early on. Since its a good hand but not that good. Also as I stood up to make my exit I turn around to see my girlfriend and her parents entering into the tournament room to come see how I'm doing...I told them they jinxed me.

Overall I'm happy with my first shot at a WSOP event and told myself I'm going to do my best and hopefully if and when I get knocked out I'm hoping that its a hand where I was ahead when all the money went in. Was hoping to play a little longer than an hour and a half and be a little closer to the money to get the adrenaline going but overall happy with my performance.