View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Another Workout Thread (5 questions) Help me out

1. I just started doing two-a-days late last week, going to gym early in the AM for 90 minutes doing basic exercises (abs/lower back/stretches) along with 45min of cardio...in the evening I do about 45min of heavy freeweights and 30min cardio (all cardio is done on the upright bike)

the problem is I feel kinda bloated and gassy when I exercise in the early AM...is this normal or could something be causing this?

2. I would like to work my lower back everyday but I'm not sure if the lower back is a muscle group similar to the abdominals and calves which can be worked everyday. Am I setting myself for a lower back injury? (For lower back I use the apparatus where my legs are locked and I'm bending over and lifting back up at a 45 degree angle. I'm also using a 25lb plate for resistance).

3. I am not eating prior to my morning workouts. I feel I do not have to because I'm not really doing any heavy muscle exercises. However, should I be eating something small at least? 1/4 cup of oatmeal perhaps?

4. I'm having trouble reading my books while doing cardio b/c of the loud music the gym plays. I blast my ipod in retaliation but its still hard to really soak in the words plus my ears are practically ringing. Any solutions to this problem?

5. Also a basic diet question...If I'm only taking in 1,000 cals/day but there is 100g of protein in there, will my muscles grow properly or will the low cals make me burn more muscle than gain? I weight about 175lbs and am 5'9"

thanks