View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: The action tells a story... can you hear it?

Stories are different at different levels.

All stories have a main character....you. Unless you are playing micro-micro, stories need to revolve around hero AND villain. If it is just villain, as is the case here on 2+2, you have an incomplete storyline and doesn't help reader unravel the mystery.

To forget about the short butler sitting behind (SB w/ 15BB) skews PF preface. Have you included the resumé of the upstairs maid with a limp?

On the flip side, too much information can cloud the analysis too. Villain is 18/6/5, cbets 67%, dbl barrels 50%, bluffs FDs and slowplays two pair. He also wins 54% of SDs and picks his nose on Sundays. Maybe he is slowplaying two pair here...,maybe a set. He came over the top twelve hand ago with TPTK, but I've never seen him do this with anything else. TIMES UP!, you're a HUDbot and the other 7 tables are calling.

I like to think 'storyline' style as I play, but to write it all down would bog down this internet thingy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The human brain is pretty amazing when it comes to processing data.

BTW, my short response would be something like:

Your story should also include a hero character that has been clearly defined.