View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Mythra is a SCAMMER

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I really need to post this because most of it is pretty obvious. But astarck is a close friend and all the donuts in this story need to be made explicit.

Neither version of the story from Mythra's end makes much sense to me.

If Mythra's a scammer, he has to be a pretty bad one.
<ul type="square">[*]Gives out lots of personal information first.[*]Makes transfers for larger amounts with other 2+2ers beforehand.*[*]Made up a not well thought out story about why the money was sent to him.[/list](*) Only thing to be said here is that it's possible that he originally needed to transfer money a few weeks ago, but was done with all that by the time astarck came along, and saw an easy opportunity to make $2K based on his prior reputation.

If Mythra's not a scammer, then
<ul type="square">[*]Someone would have to know that Mythra was going to be gone that weekend. It's possible they got lucky, but they had to know enough other information about him to execute this scam that accounting for luck would be absurd.[*]Someone would have to know Mythra's login/passwords to at least 2-3 sites/services because they did not have physical access to his machine.[*]Someone would have to open his 2+2 account and read his PMs to have realized there was any scam to be had.[*]Someone would have to be an occasional/experienced poker player given the language he used in his chats and being sighted 4-tabling.[*]Someone would have to be familiar with Mythra's past 2+2 transactions and approximately how much he transfered over the course of that time.[*]Someone would have to have some concern or pretend to have some concern over Mythra's reputation. He appeared aggitated at being called a scammer and tried to come up with an excuse on why he received 2k from astarck.[*]Someone would also likely be a student based on the comment "Mythra: trying out limit thing, done studying and everything else".[*]Someone would have to use a very similar chat style to Mythra. Based on his Keyser and astarck conversations that were posted, these include:
1. Uses the phrase "jesus christ" when apparently frustrated.
2. Varying whether or not he capitalizes the word "I" within the same chat.
3. Usually not using apostrophes but still sometimes including them in rare instances within the same chat.
4. Consistently substituting "u" for "you".
5. Abbreviates 1,000 with a K and no dollar sign (e.g. "3k" and "10K").
6. There's some weaker similarities too where I think they may be too common to use for differentiation. Things like using all caps after appearing to be frustrated, consistently breaking up sentences at conjunctions like 'but', etc. More significantly with these is that they weren't different between the two chats. I wasn't able to identify any consistent differentiation, though this can be difficult without more chats to look at.[/list]
There is probably more but I got sick of typing.

[/ QUOTE ]