View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Lost in the forums and looking for something specific...

When you're trying to find something specific, you can get so buried in information that isn't quite right that you get yourself lost... and I'm there.

I'm looking for an approach to hand reading that considers the sequence of bets, calls and raises to be a conversation. In it's simplest form, you can look at it this way:

2 people see the flop, the first checks... this check could mean "I want to see if I can get a free card", "I have to goods and want to see if I can trap you" or it could mean "I missed entirely, please bet so I can muck this junk".

The second person bets 3x the BB. This could mean "I have a pair and don't want to give you odds to run me down","I may or may not have anything but I think you missed and want you to quit" or it could mean "I'm going to ruin your drawing odds every chance I get. Just fold now if you're on a draw because I'll make it wrong for you to call on every street". The person could also be on a draw and trying to disguise their hand.

Everywhere I look, I see all sorts of tips on hand reading that don't take this approach. We all know that the sequence of bets, raises and calls form a story but has anyone taken the time to try to relate them into potential phrases that would tell that story?

Thanks,

Vorlin