View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Re: DN watches Al Gore\'s movie and makes major life changes....

for those of you defedning the good ole US of A concerning global warming: america gets the "blame" because as a nation we use up a disproportionate amount of the world's resources as well as produce more pollution relative to other countries.

so, is the US the only one to blame? no, of course not. is the USA somewhat responsible for global warming due to our ridiculous consumption/pollution ratio compared to other industrialized countries? yeah, i think so. because we're one of the biggest contributors of CO2 emissions, we get the most flack. & we get even more nagging because even though we're one of the biggest (if not the biggest) part of the problem, we are putting forth minimal to non existent effort to solve this problem. other countries are understandably pissed because the earth does not belong to americans alone, & everyone might end up paying the price for one country's very selfish/wasteful/arrogant behavior.

& while america might be the biggest problem now, china is what we should be worried about as they are industrializing at a crazy rate right now.

personally, i am not too worried. but i am your typical apathetic, narcissistic american [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] & living in so cali, OC, we can't give up our hummers & suvs or inconvenience ourselves w/ carpooling for the sake of the environment. looks aren't everything here, it's the only thing.