Thread: AKKQ versus LAG
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM

Default AKKQ versus LAG

This one seems horribly misplayed by me. Comment on all streets welcome, though I am most interested in turn/river thoughts. Does anyone play this turn/river the same way?

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$0.50
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $41.50
UTG+2: $61.85

I have been at the table for just under an hour and gotten total crap dealt to me. I look like a complete rock to anyone paying attention. Whether or not anyone actually pays attention in these games is debatable.

UTG+2 is a super LAG, though, as we all know, maniacs can show up with hands.

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG calls $0.5, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG+2 calls $1, 3 folds, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.5, UTG calls $0.5.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.5, 6 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+2 bets $6.5</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls $6.5.

I thought my club draw was live and figured that I would stack him if a magical K turned.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($19.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+2 bets $19.5</font>, Hero calls $19.5.

No help. More outs. I passively call. Pretty marginal call. At the low end, I am a 30-70 dog versus a set. I don't think his hand range is that narrow though.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($58.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc3333">Hero is all-in $14.5</font>, UTG+2 calls $14.5.

I pushed because I felt his hand range was wide enough to include a flopped 2 pair or some now busted draw to make this +EV. Part of this thinking was fueled by the fact that it was entirely possible he put me on A-A-x-x as this was the first hand I raised and only the 4th I had played at this table in the last hour.