Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

I would be interested in knowing what some good starter cigars would be. The smoke shop around here was only mildly helpful in my quest to become a cigar smoker. It is actually rather intimidating to do into those places without much knowledge, so I thank the OP for making this thread and giving some insight on the terminology.

The cigar shop suggested getting some of the samplers that they had at the time. One was from Macanudo and the other was from Cusano. I smoked these a while ago, so I do not remember all my thoughts on them, but I thought the Cusano's that I had were excellent. I wish I would have remembered exactly what they were.

The real question that I have for all you people that know much more than me, what cigars should I start out with? And after I know some more and appreciate cigars where should I go from there? I think there is a progression in cigars much like scotch. You do not start out with an Islay scotch, but rather a Highland. There has to be something around that in cigars.

I want a good once or twice a week experience without busting the bank. Thanks!