View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Gentleman, give it to me straight, do you think the sky is falling

A few more thoughts:

7. The government is f-in serious. Do not underestimate this. Make no mistake, the existence of anti-gambling lesiglation is due to financial pressures, or in other words legal bribery. But the DOJ doesn't care about stuff like that, if the government says it is illegal they will pursue with vigor, and one only need to look at the gambling arrests to see this is true.

8. The effect of Neteller cannot be overstated. I have read all the excuses for why it's no big deal, and find none of them persuasive. The freezing of online funds has a major chilling effect on your average person, particularly combined with the legislation. I think back to when I was a fish making my first deposit, and my uneasiness that I might be doing something illegal, and now think about people doing that in the current environment.

9. Those of you with your heads in the sand better pull it out and start looking around. Maybe online poker can still be profitable enough for some of you to make a living, we'll see. But if you don't have "Plan B" you better start figuring it out. If you think "everything will be fine" you are likely going to be in for a very unpleasant surprise when you run worse then you ever thought was possible and find yourself scrambling to figure out what do with your life while the bills are piling up.