View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: my father tells me i got conned out of $250,000

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again, you're being 100% results oriented. You aren't objecting to increasing variance with no EV, you're objecting to the fact that he lost a lot of money. Would you say the same thing if he decided to sit on his couch and watch a movie? "Why are you watching a movie? You could have been grinding out some cash online!"

STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU? Are you kidding? _LIFE_ is results oriented.

Did he lose $200k+ doing something that is pointless or not? BZ's point is that it's stupid because he could play games that are +EV. Go get your degeneracy off on something that doesn't cost you money that matters to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you don't play poker because you obviously have no understanding of expectation and variance. Just like BZ. Yes, he lost 200K+ doing something pointless. No, doing the thing that was pointless did not cost him 200K. It cost him nothing. The fact that he lost the money was due to being very unlucky. It could have happened playing poker, too, instead of flipping coins. There is nothing wrong with flipping coins if you can stand the variance. It's neutral EV. It costs you nothing. It's exactly the same as sitting on your couch and watching TV. It just has more variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you sit down and play a game with half your bankroll? That's a theoretical +EV situation right? Why the hell don't you do that? THAT WOULD BE SMARTER THAN WHAT HAPPENED HERE.

Your argument is retarded. Flipping for meaningful money is retarded.

BTW: Bet the flop.